Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Oat Breaded Chicken & Broccoli

Even though I love my rice, pasta, and breads, it's not good to have carbs at every meal. I try to have at least one protein focused meal throughout the day. Sometimes we don't realize how many carbs we consume a day. Most fruits, carrots, potatoes, peas, grains, candy etc all contain carbohydrates. Don't get me wrong they are extremely important to our diet! But like anything moderation and balance is key. So tonight I'm sharing with you an excellent protein meal.
Get up and Personal haha
Since I still had some oat flour from my banana bread muffins, it was the perfect opportunity to bread some chicken! Plus I haven't been using my mozzarella and broccoli + cheese = amazing :) Whala my dinner was complete.
Simple & Savory
Ingredients:
4 oz chicken
1/4 cup Oat flour (only will use a bit to coat the chicken)
Olive oil
Frozen Broccoli (what you think you will eat)
1 oz Mozzarella
Milk
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Lightly coat chicken with olive oil. Pour a bit of milk in a bowl and in another bowl put in oat flour. Dip chicken in milk then toss in oat flour until fully coated. Place on a pan and bake till chicken is done about 30min (350 deg). Microwave some broccoli and top with some shredded mozzarella or any type of cheese you enjoy. I seasoned with a little salt and pepper then ate!



No comments:

Post a Comment