Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Banana Bread Muffins

My roomate, Brooke, noticed that all my banana's were going bad, and suggested I make banana bread...naturally. However, one banana was unusable and the other two were really small. I would not have enough to make a whole loaf. So...I took a banana bread recipe and tweeked it, a lot, and made healthy banana bread muffins.
yum
yum
yum

 Based on Brooke's reaction and my own personal opinion they were a hit! Super sweet, moist, and of course healthy :) Sorry the measurements are kinda random BUT thats what happens when you wing a recipe. Even if you don't ever make them I thought you all should see them.
U can sEE the moistness!

Ingredients:
2 Small overripe banana
6 Tbsp Raw sugar (turbinado)
1 Tbsp Light Agave Nectar
3/4 Cup Oat Flour *I blended some rolled oats in my magic bullet
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Coconut oil-grease pan (I don't have butter or pam)

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat oven to 350 deg. Grease muffin pan with coconut oil. Pour batter into muffin pan about a cm from the top. Bake for about 15-20. I like mine partially uncooked because its more moist. Take out of oven and tip pan upside down and shake out muffins onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. yea you got a magic bullet! how are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES MAM! I like it so far, I've used it a bunch :)

    ReplyDelete