Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Green Pea Hummus & Chicken

For breakfast today I ate a champagne mango, and an apple turnover Lara Bar. Both of these foods, though healthy, are high in carbs. Knowing the importance of having a balanced diet I knew I needed a solid protein meal for lunch.
 My all time favorite bean is the GARBANZO BEAN!!!! I always have a can in my cabinet...and sometimes two. When I was brainstorming a way to make a protein focused lunch, I ran across my can of garbanzo beans. PERFECT, DESTINY! Now all I needed was to think of a way to incorporate them into my lunch. I thought to just throw them on a salad, but that was too boring. Then I thought I could make a veggie burger, but that would be too time consuming. Then it hit me! Hummus! I scavengered around a bit then finally came up with this awesome meal.
Again it's super simple, but has amazing flavor. And not to mention protein packed! SO here it is Green pea hummus with chicken!

Ingredients:(3 servings)
1 can No salt added Chickpeas
3/4 cup Frozen peas (cooked)
2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
Salt, pepper
1 tsp olive oil (cooking chicken)
9-12 oz Chicken breast

Directions:
-Lightly coat chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook at 350 for about 30 min or until done.
-In a blender, food proccesor, or Magic bullet blend chickpeas, peas, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. I kept mine a bit chunky. Anyway, thats all there is to it! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment