Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Since my lunch consist of a sandwich I felt it would be appropriate to share this wonderful website on the myths of whole grain bread. http://www.thesweetbeet.com/whole-grains/
After reading this article I did some more research and found that sprouted grain breads don't spike blood sugar levels and actually trigger fat burning cells. Below is a great alternative to a tasty sandwich! Obviously we aren't going to eliminate white breads and whole grains, but if you can trade out at least one item in your day it's a good start.


Ingredients  (under 250 kcal)
Roma Tomato (4 slices)
Spinach (Handful)
Turkey (3 slices)
Sprouted Wheat Bread (2 slices)
Mustard (2tsp)
Grapes
Carrots

As a side note...processed deli meats are no good! I finally found a small section at Whole Foods that has sliced meats that I think have potential (7$ /8 slices ugh). Well until I can afford that every week I will use white albacore tuna...yum!

2 comments:

  1. I hate that deli meats are no good! It makes packing lunch when I can'r run home such a task. why can't they just slice a turkey breast nice and thin and skip the processing?? My roommates don't appreciate out house always smelling like tuna. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg thats hilarious! I have the same problem!

    ReplyDelete