Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Beauty Must Have's!

So I know my Blog is normally about food, BUT I thought I would switch it up. I love MAKEUP!!!!!!!!! I love experimenting, creating, and beautifying with it. I do a lot of research, and spend a good chunk of my paychecks on various beauty products. I have found some new amazing brands, and items that I must share with all you lady's out there. (Everything I talk about was purchased by me, and these are my honest opinions.)
Get this look with the products below!



Since I can remember I have had acne.  Because of this make up was always a chore. "How much make up do I have to pile on to cover these pimples".  I don't miss that!!!!!!!! My skin is finally in a better place, and now I can enjoy make up.


Some products I use are high end, and some drug store. I'll try to give prices if it helps and hit every category of beauty.  If you Have questions Contact me on facebook :) Or share with me your favorites beauty products!


WARNING, THIS MAY BE A LOT!


Perfumes: Top 3 (this was a hard one so here are some additional favs- Beyonce Heat, JLo Glow, Unbreakable khloe and lamar, Gucci flora,Giorgio Armani code, Dona karen- in pink.
1. Giorgio Armani-Acqua di Gio- $45-80

2. Coach- Poppy original $45-65ish

3. Dolce and Gabbana- Light Blue $50-80




Hair Must haves!!!!:
1. Pure Morrocan oil- I use Josie Maran's brand $18-50
I use this sometimes on wet hair sometimes on dry on my ends. I will use a very small amount by my roots to stop flyaways. I also use this as a face moisturizer! I have acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out!
2.Macadamia Repair Mask- This stuff makes your hair smell like heaven, and super soft. Once a month I also do a coconut oil masque (melt coconut oil and cover hair with it let sit for an hour and wash out really well, add honey to lighten hair).

3. Chi 44 Iron Guard- Heat protectant

4. Sexy Hair- Powder play
I use place this all around on my roots for volume!

***I am still trying to find the perfect shampoo/ conditioner right now I'm trying Redken so soft, it's good but  it just isn't wowing me :( Another quick tip: I try to only wash my hair every 2-3 days (gross right), but! it has helped my hair so much.

MAKEUP YAY:)
Tools-
MAC 217 blending brush- 23$
Beauty blender knock off from Wal Greens $7
Sigma Flat top Kabuki brush $16
Icing by Clairs Eco brushes (under $10 don't remember the price)

Face Wash- I also use a prescription in conjunction with this face wash.   7-9$



Moistureizer- Aveeno- Clear complexion, I use this after washing my face.


Primers-                                                            
Tarte- Poreless $30. Perfect for oily skin, it's silicone based and smooths out your pores. I tend to use this primer when I need to wear make up for a longer period of time.
Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer
Hourglass- Veil mineral Primer Spf 15 $48 Light weight, and feels silky. This is good for days when I don't wear makeup or less.

Laura Mercer- Radiance primer- all time favorite! gives your skin the perfect glow, I get so many compliments when I wear this. $30


Foundation- Saving up to buy MAC studio tech creme foundation :)
1. Revlon Color Stay for oily combination skin $12 (long wearing medium/ full coverage)

2.Neutrogena Healthy skin foundation (nude)- $12 (light/medium coverage)

3. Cover girl Aqua smoothers creme foundation- $8 (very full coverage used mainly to cover blemishes)


Powders- I use translucent powders just to take the shine out of my foundation.
Tarte- Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay setting powder $30
This feels so soft almost like corn starch, a little goes a long way and was worth the price!

Bronzer- So foundation is suppose to match your skin and then you contour and highlight your face with bronzer to warm your skin tone. Currently I am using NYX Matte Bronzer in medium ($10-15), and then a little bit of MAC charcoal brown eye shadow ($16) on my temples and the sides of my nose. However almost any matte brown bronzer is good it doesn't have to be expensive.


Blush- If there is one product I will never spend money on it's blush. To me they all do the same thing!
Elf Blush- Candid Coral $1
 

Concealer-
Benefit-Erase Paste $30
The salmon color counter acts the dark blue's and purples under the eye. great for concealing but has a very sticky texture.

Maybelline- age rewind under eye dark circle eraser $10 This has a smoother serum texture and is also great for under the eyes. However, I can't conceal blemishes with this because it made my skin break out.


Eyeliner-
Elf liquid eye liner $1
Jordana black retractable eye liner- $2-3
MAC Carbon eyeshadow applied w/ angle brush $16

Eyeshadow-
Urban Decay Naked Palette- $50
I love the color sin in the corner of my eye then buck and naked in blended in the crease, it makes the perfect neutral eye.

MAC Eyeshadows
1. Crease: Charcoal brown, Copperplate, Satin Taupe, Carbon
    Highlight/ Inner eye corner:Naked Lunch, Brule
    Lid: Woodwinked, Satin taupe, Carbon, All that Glitters. $16 each

Wet and Wild, and Elf are actually great pigmented eyeshadows for a cheaper alternative!
Eye shadow primers-
Urban decay- potion primer 20$

NYX Jumbo Pencil- Milk $5
Makes any eyeshadow brighter and more pigmented/last longer.

Tarte -clean slate 360 deg creasless eyeshadow primer- 20$
Makes your eye soft and ready for a smooth eye shadow application.

Eye brows-
NYX Brow kit brunette (I just pluck, brush and use the wax from this)

Mascara-
Loreal- Telescopic Carbon Black, Makes my eye lashes perfection! $10

LIPS-I'm not a bit lipstick wearer but I have fallen in love with Revlons Kissable Balm stains! $8
Renezvous, Precious, Charm and Honey are my favorite!


Carmex Vanilla Moisture Plus-$3
The cure to chapped lips with out the over powering smell armex normally has. Vaseline is also a great lip moisturizer. If you want a lip exfoliater mix Vaseline with sugar and apply with fingers in a circular motion.

Setting Spray-
Urban Decay De Slick by Skindanavia
I spray my face before foundation and after my make up is complete to help my extreme oil problem!

NAILs
I love anything ESSIE!!!!!! $8 per bottle
Wet and wild mega last, China glase, Butter london, OPI, Loreal, sinful colors (poor quality but cheap!)

No comments:

Post a Comment